ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) – Sheriff’s investigators say a woman pulled up to a hospital in Orlando asking for help for her 11-year-old daughter, but she was already dead from multiple stab wounds.
Then, they say she pulled a knife on hospital workers.
Officials say 28-year-old Rose Alcides Rivera was arrested Sunday morning and charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Aleyda Rivera.
Hospital workers told investigators the mother became “argumentative” with hospital staff before producing a knife.
Hospital security detained her.
The Orlando Sentinel reports Winnie Palmer Hospital was briefly locked down and the main entrance remained closed during the incident.
Officials are trying to determine when and where the child was killed.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- 3 CASES OF MEASLES CONFIRMED IN BAY AREA
- SAN JOSE MOM, TWO YOUNG SONS DEAD IN APPARENT MURDER-SUICIDE
- ARCHAEOLOGISTS FIND HIDDEN TUNNELS BELOW ALCATRAZ PRISON
- MOM RAPED, SET ON FIRE KILLS ATTACKER BY DRAGGING HIM INTO FLAMES
- SAN FRANCISCO RENT HITS NEW HIGH, MOST EXPENSIVE IN US