A Kentucky woman is accused of putting a baby in a trash bag and tossing it over the railing over a staircase, leaving the child to die, WLEX reported.
Kentucky State Police said the baby, born Sunday, was found on the porch of a home in Manchester.
Results from an autopsy show the child died from injuries related to blunt-force trauma. The baby had a cranial fracture, fractured ribs, as well as brain bleeding, WLEX reported.
Shortly after giving birth, police said a woman, identified as Amber Bowling placed the crying baby in the trash bag and threw it over the upstairs banister of the apartment complex, authorities said.
Bowling, 21, was charged with murder and booked into the Clay County Detention Center.
Kentucky is a Safe Haven state, meaning mothers can leave newborns with a person at a hospital or police, fire or EMS station — no questions asked — as long as there is no sign of abuse.
- OAKLAND SUES NFL, RAIDERS OVER ‘ILLEGAL MOVE’ TO LAS VEGAS
- STEPH CURRY SAYS HE DOESN’T BELIEVE MOON LANDING IS REAL
- BAY AREA FAMILY DESPERATELY SEARCHES FOR MISSING STUDENT
- VIDEO: SANTACON PARTIERS TRASH SAN FRANCISCO RESTAURANT
- 9-YEAR-OLD KILLS HERSELF AFTER RACIST TAUNTS, FAMILY SAYS