The parenting choices of a Florida mom are being scrutinized by others across the country after video surfaced showing what some people are saying is a questionable form of punishment.
In a video posted to Facebook on Sunday, Ashley Atty said she “witnessed parenting at its finest,” after seeing the mother and daughter standing on the median of Veterans Parkway and Santa Barbara Boulevard on Saturday afternoon.
The girl was holding a sign that read, “I Lied. I humiliated myself & my mother.”
“I’m sure she’ll never lie again, because that was embarrassing,” Atty told local affiliate WBBH.
“You don’t place them in a dangerous spot like that in order to get some satisfaction out of what they did to you,” Randy Miller told the station.
According to WBBH, someone did eventually call police who noted that the mother had water nearby and there were no reported injuries.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free news from the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- VIDEO: FEDEX DELIVERY MAN THROWS PACKAGES IN SAN JOSE
- EARTHQUAKE STORM RATTLES SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
- DRAKE TAKES A DIG AT KEVIN DURANT; MACAULAY CULKIN RESPONDS
- MAJOR RIDESHARE CHANGES GO INTO EFFECT AT SFO
- MAN ARRESTED IN DEADLY SHOOTING AT FAIRFIELD GAS STATION