A photo of a mother and daughter has gone viral as they flew together as a flight crew.
The duo, Capt. Wendy Rexon and First Officer Kelly Rexon were smiling ear to ear as they prepared to fly a Delta Boeing 757 together.
The photo was taken by Dr. John R. Watret, the chancellor of Embry-Riddle Worldwide, a world-renowned aeronautical university, who just happened to overhear that there was a mother-daughter flight crew. The viral tweet meant a great deal to Watret because of Embry-Riddle’s commitment to creating more opportunities for women in all areas of the aviation industry.
“There has to be more diversification in the industry,” Watret said. “It’s crucial and one of the key factors we focus on. When there are more opportunities, everyone wins.” Watret said in a release by the school.
Delta even got on the fun with a reply to the tweet.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- WOMAN ACCUSES CAL FOOTBALL STAFF, PLAYERS OF SEXUAL HARASSMENT
- EAST BAY FAMILY LOOKING FOR ANSWERS AFTER DEADLY HWY 4 SHOOTING
- DAY IN THE LIFE ON BART: VIDEO SHOWS MAN SHAVING HEAD
- GOV NEWSOM WANTS TO CHARGE YOU $10/MONTH TO CLEAN TAINTED WATER
- HOW TO FIND YOUR OWN ‘FLORIDA MAN’ STORY