CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (KRON) – Naval Air Station Corpus Christi is on lockdown Thursday morning amid reports of an active shooter.
The naval air base in Nueces County, Texas, said in a Facebook post that the shooter is believed to be in the vicinity of its north gate.
“If you are in or near the North Gate get out and away to safety,” the post read. “Execute lockdown procedures — remain indoors and away from windows.”
The US Navy said it is aware of the incident.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- San Jose cooling centers reopen for last day of heat wave
- Woman tells police she ‘has COVID-19,’ spits at cop to ‘infect him so he dies’
- Newsfeed Now Coronavirus: ‘Facts Not Fear’ morning update – May 28, 2020
- VIDEO: People loot Minneapolis Target in wake of George Floyd protests
- Mayor: Officer who put knee on George Floyd’s neck should be charged