DESOTO, Texas (AP) — The body of a long-dead man has been found in his suburban Dallas apartment.
DeSoto police say the body of 51-year-old Ronald Wayne White was found on the kitchen floor of his apartment last week by staff of the DeSoto Town Center Apartments checking units not using water.
White had been on a month-to-month lease with his rent taken from his bank account automatically.
A Dallas County medical examiner says White had been dead about three years when the Navy veteran’s body was found.
White’s mother, Doris Stevens, tells WFAA-TV that her son was diabetic.
She says his career as a defense contractor took him all over the world, but he’d call her at least twice a month, regardless of where he was.
The calls stopped three years ago.
Latest News Headlines:
- Arkansas toddler dies trying to save puppy during house fire
- R. Kelly charged with paying bribe before marrying Aaliyah
- Warming centers, extra shelter beds available in Santa Clara County during weekend storm
- 19-year-old woman arrested in deadly San Jose shooting
- San Francisco business in flood-prone area preparing for weekend storm