(KRON) — The National Basketball Association has suspended all games after a player has tested positive for the novel coronavirus.
Utah Jazz’ Rudy Gobert tested positive for COVID-19.
The test result was confirmed and reported just before the Jazz were going to take on the Oklahoma City Thunder.
All games will be canceled until further notice.
Now-viral video shared to Twitter has many concerned after it showed Gobert touching several microphones before heading out of a press conference.
He appeared to be doing it as a “joke”, but it is now chilling to watch after the news broke.
In addition, the game between the New Orleans Pelicans and Sacramento Kings scheduled for Wednesday night at Golden 1 Center was canceled.
The game was canceled after it was discovered that one of the referees scheduled to work the game in Sacramento also worked at a Utah Jazz game earlier this week.
Jazz and Thunder players are currently quarantined in the OKC arena.
Fans had no idea what was going on at the time.
More details to come.
Latest News Headlines:
- Local medical experts weigh in on large protests amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Family outraged after Vallejo police shoot, kill 22-year-old after mistaking hammer for gun
- Protests continue across Bay Area in wake of George Floyd’s death
- New video of San Francisco police arresting man in January raises concerns
- Reform campaign says police violence could be cut down if use-of-force policies added