SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – The parent company of fashion retailer New York & Company has filed for bankruptcy.
RTW Retailwinds, Inc. announced Monday it has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection and said in a news release it has “launched a store closing and liquidation process.”
RTW officials said it had been struggling due to a decline in foot traffic even before the coronavirus pandemic hit.
Other stores that have also filed for bankruptcy amid the pandemic include J.C. Penney, Brooks Brothers, Neiman Marcus, J. Crew, GNC, and Chuck E. Cheese’s.
- 5 execs of SF companies linked to Nuru scandal barred from receiving city money
- Missing UC Santa Cruz student identified as car crash victim
- KRON4 Morning Buzz: Tiger Woods thanks fans during crash recovery
- Real estate: What $500K gets you in Tampa vs. Cleveland
- Police: Officer murdered after man denied entry for not wearing a mask