SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (AP) — An 11-year-old girl was found safe and a suspect has been arrested after an Amber Alert was issued Wednesday, Massachusetts State Police said.
Charlotte Moccia, of Springfield, was recovered by troopers on the Turnpike in Charlton after a motorist reported seeing the car she was abducted in, state police spokesman David Procopio said.
A preliminary investigation suggested the girl was forced into a blue car by a man around 1:30 p.m. after getting off the school bus.
She is a student at Hampden Charter School of Science, which also issued a statement about her apparent kidnapping.
The victim had no apparent injuries but was being checked out by medical officials as a precaution.
The suspect was taken to the State Police Charlton Barracks for booking.
- PHOTOS: The spaces we filled, now filled with space
- States demand ventilators as feds ration limited supply
- Newsfeed Now Coronavirus: ‘Facts Not Fear’ morning update – April 3, 2020
- ‘Lean On Me,’ ‘Lovely Day’ singer Bill Withers dies at 81
- Bus driver who complained about coughing passenger dies from coronavirus days later