Authorities in eastern Oklahoma say a 16-year-old girl has died after being shot in the head by her mother while she slept.
Okmulgee County Sheriff’s Investigator Duston Todd said in a news release that Kloee Toliver “succumbed to her injuries” Tuesday night.
Toliver’s mother, Amy Hall , told officials that she shot Kloee early Nov. 1 at their home in Okmulgee, about 35 miles (55 kilometers) southwest of Tulsa. Hall also fatally shot her 18-year-old son , Kayson Toliver, and tried to shoot her 14-year-old daughter.
Kloee Toliver was declared brain dead earlier this week, but was kept on life support until her organs could be donated.
Hall is jailed on a first-degree murder charge in her son’s death. Todd says another first-degree murder charge will be added in her daughter’s death.
- YOUR LOCAL ELECTION HEADQUARTERS
- LIVE CALIFORNIA MIDTERM ELECTION RESULTS
- TIMELINE RELEASED IN DEADLY YOUNTVILLE VETERAN’S HOME SHOOTING
- IS PREGNANCY CONTAGIOUS? RESEARCHERS SAY YES
- $100K RAISED FOR CALIFORNIA TEACHER WHO PUNCHED STUDENT