GAINESVILLE, Fla. (WCJB/CNN) – It’s back.
Customers waited in long lines at a Gainesville, Florida Popeyes on Sunday to get their hands on the returning spicy chicken sandwich.
Workers said the drive-thru line reached about 30 cars deep, and wait times outside and inside the restaurant were about an hour.
The sandwich was first introduced in the summer.
After a two-month wait, the chain started selling the popular sandwich on Sunday, Nov. 3.
Popeyes’ Twitter background right now says “Y’all… the sandwich is back. This Sunday. Yes. Sunday.”
That’s an apparent dig at rival Chick-fil-A, which is not open on Sundays.
Latest News Headlines:
- Napa County establishes coronavirus task force to help enforce public health orders
- Officials encourage Bay Area residents to stay home ahead of 4th of July
- Fireworks cause of at least 1 fire as crews respond to multiple fires in Contra Costa County
- Trump announces creation of new park with statues of ‘greatest Americans to ever live’
- 8-year-old killed, 3 injured in shooting at Alabama mall