An Atlanta-area mother is behind bars after authorities say she deliberately crashed her vehicle to prove to her kids in the backseat that God is real.
On Wednesday morning, the SUV went northbound across the southbound lanes of Peachtree Industrial and then head-on into a concrete pole.
Inside were 25-year-old Bakari Warren and her children, ages 5 and 7.
In the back of a police car, officers gently questioned the children about what had happened.
Norcross police say the mother did tell the children to buckle up their seatbelts just before she went across the road.
Warren was frisked and handcuffed right after she got out of her SUV.
“When the officers asked the driver of the vehicle what happened, her first statement to the officers was to check her Facebook and it would explain what happened,” Sgt. Ed Butynski said.
CNN found nothing directly referencing the incident on what appeared to be her Facebook page.
But police say she later gave the same reasons as her kids–to prove that God will protect them.
- SUSPECT DIES AFTER SHOOTOUT WITH SAN FRANCISCO POLICE
- POLICE: SAN JOSE MAN RAPED 7-YEAR-OLD RELATIVE
- MOM ARRESTED AFTER VIDEO SHOWS BABY SMOKING MARIJUANA
- MAN FOUND LIVING IN UNDERGROUND TUNNEL HE DUG HIMSELF
- NOTE FOUND ON DOLLAR BILL SAYS MISSING GIRL IS ALIVE