FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (CNN Newsource) — One person was transported to the hospital after passengers started feeling ill on a Southwest Airlines flight.
The plane had just left Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport.
Fire officials responded to the airport around 3 p.m. Friday to reports of a strange odor on the outbound Boeing 737 jet.
The flight — which hadn’t yet taken off — returned to the airport after passengers complained about feeling ill.
A hazmat team responded to the scene and investigators emptied the luggage from the cargo hold.
Fire officials don’t know what caused the odor.
The flight was bound for Havana, Cuba.
- California schools can reopen in August, September depending on districts
- Advances in DNA tech helping Jennifer Lin cold case detectives in Alameda County
- Black Lives Matter protesters march through downtown L.A., block 101 Fwy
- North Carolina 7-year-old puts on prom for his graduating babysitter
- Santa Clara County calls for volunteers to help track people who may be spreading COVID-19