CHICAGO (AP) — Singer R. Kelly has pleaded not guilty to 11 additional sex-related felonies during a court hearing in Chicago.
Prosecutors did not ask the judge to raise the bond amount for Kelly during Thursday’s hearing in Cook County court.
Kelly stood and listened to the judge describe the charges in a gray suit, with his hands folded in front of him.
When the judged asked if he understood, Kelly, responded, “Yes, sir.”
Among the 11 new counts are four counts of aggravated criminal sexual assault, which carries a sentence of up to 30 years in prison.
That is more than four times as long as the maximum term for each of the 10 counts Kelly was originally charged with in February.
Kelly has denied any wrongdoing.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free news from the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- VIDEO: FEDEX DELIVERY MAN THROWS PACKAGES IN SAN JOSE
- EARTHQUAKE STORM RATTLES SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
- DRAKE TAKES A DIG AT KEVIN DURANT; MACAULAY CULKIN RESPONDS
- MAJOR RIDESHARE CHANGES GO INTO EFFECT AT SFO
- MAN ARRESTED IN DEADLY SHOOTING AT FAIRFIELD GAS STATION