SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – President Donald Trump on Monday sounded off on where he stands amid the coronavirus pandemic.
“REOPEN OUR COUNTRY!” Trump tweeted. He later added, “TRANSITION TO GREATNESS.”
Trump on Friday said the US will reopen, “vaccine or no vaccine,” announcing a goal to deliver a coronavirus vaccine by the end of this year.
He also introduced Operation Warp Speed, which will focus on studies of 14 promising coronavirus vaccine candidates for accelerated research and approval.
At last check, the US has reported 1,486,742 confirmed coronavirus cases and 89,564 deaths, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.
- California loosens restrictions as new COVID-19 guidance issued
- Search continues for hit-and-run driver who ran over 24-year-old woman at Oakland protest
- March held for 22-year-old man shot, killed by Vallejo police officer
- San Francisco school introduces new athletic program for girls
- Cannabis industry still recovering after hit hard by looters