HOUSTON (AP) – Searchers are headed to Arkansas to look for a missing 4-year-old Texas girl after a community activist said the man arrested in connection with her disappearance confessed he disposed of her body there.
Tim Miller, director of Texas EquuSearch, says his group will fly to Arkansas on Friday afternoon to search for Maleah Davis’ body. Miller declined to say where in Arkansas he was going.
Quanell X, a local civil rights activist, says he spoke on Friday in jail with Derion Vence, the ex-fiance of Maleah’s mother, who had claimed Maleah was taken by a group of men May 4.
Quanell X says Vence confessed he dumped the Houston girl’s body in Arkansas.
Quanell X declined to comment on what happened to Maleah.
Houston police declined comment.
Check back for updates.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free news from the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- WOMAN SENTENCED TO 17 YEARS FOR RAPE OF 5-MONTH-OLD GIRL
- BILL GIVING CALIFORNIA WORKERS FULL PAY FOR FAMILY LEAVE ADVANCES
- MISSING MAUI HIKER FOUND ALIVE AFTER 16 DAYS IN FOREST
- SMALL TREMORS ALONG WEST COAST COULD LEAD TO ‘BIG ONE’
- VICTIM KILLED IN HAWAII SHARK ATTACK WAS FROM GRANITE BAY