WASHINGTON, D.C. (KRON) – While speaking to reporters Wednesday before leaving for Texas, President Donald Trump read a statement from a memo pad apparently written in black Sharpie.
In large letters, the statement read:
“I want nothing. I want nothing. I want no quid pro quo. Tell Zellinsky to do the right thing. This is the final word from the Pres. of the U.S.”
Trump’s response comes amid Ambassador Gordon Sondland’s testimony in the impeachment hearings.
“This is not a man I know well,” Trump said. “Seems like a nice guy, though.”
More on the impeachment hearings here.
Latest News Headlines:
- American Airlines flight returns to San Jose airport after mechanical problem
- SCOTUS to take up Mississippi abortion case
- Biden announces effort to distribute more vaccines to countries in need
- ‘So I raped you’: Facebook message renews victim’s fight for an arrest
- Migrant tent encampment to relocate outside a shelter in Mexican border city of Reynosa