CHIPPEWA FALLS, Wis. (AP) – A western Wisconsin sheriff says a 10-year-old girl charged with first-degree intentional homicide dropped a 6-month-old baby and, when the infant cried, she panicked and stomped on the child’s head.
The girl appeared in restraints in Chippewa County Circuit Court for a bond hearing Monday. She is charged as an adult under Wisconsin law.
Prosecutors say first responders were called Oct. 30 to a licensed home day care near Chippewa Falls. The baby was unresponsive and bleeding from the head.
The child died at a St. Paul hospital Nov. 1.
Chippewa County Sheriff James Kowalczyk says the girl, who lives with foster parents at the home, told investigators the baby’s head hit a footstool, and that she stomped on the baby’s head in panic when it cried.
- 49ERS CHEERLEADER WHO TOOK A KNEE DURING ANTHEM FROM ANTIOCH
- PRICE REDUCED FOR TINY HOME FOR SALE IN SAN FRANCISCO
- KIDNAPPED MAN LIKELY FED TO HOGS, COURT DOCS REVEAL
- CONSTRUCTION WORKERS FIND 1,000 HUMAN TEETH INSIDE WALL
- TEENS DISCOVER THEY’RE HAVING SEX WITH SAME TEACHER, TELL HIS WIFE