CLEVELAND (KRON) – The brother of Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles has been charged in connection with a shooting in Ohio that left three people dead and two others wounded, according to police.
24-year-old Tevin Biles-Thomas was arrested and charged with multiple counts of murder, involuntary manslaughter, and felonious assault, and one count of perjury, according to the Cleveland Division of Police and the Cuyahoga County Prosecutor’s Office.
Officials said the New Year’s Eve shooting took place during a party at a Cleveland apartment operating as an Airbnb.
According to WKYC, an “uninvited group” went into the apartment and gunshots were fired.
Police said Biles-Thomas is accused of being the shooter.
Biles-Thomas is due for arraignment Sept. 13.
Simone Biles has yet to comment on her brother’s arrest.
Latest News Headlines:
- KRON4 Morning Buzz: The NFL deliberates longer seasons
- Man found alive in Marin County after going missing during hike had a stroke, fell: authorities
- Trump ally Roger Stone sentenced to 40 months in prison
- Weinstein jurors focus on Sciorra as deliberations continue
- USC offers free tuition to families making under $80,000, break for homeowners