(CNN) — Spotify is staying out of politics in 2020.
The music streaming service announced Friday it will no longer accept political ads in 2020.
Spotify said it doesn’t have the ability to “responsibly validate” the ads.
The political ads will no longer play in its ad-supported tier for music streaming and in its original and exclusive podcasts.
This does not include ads embedded within third-party content. For instance — podcasts not owned by Spotify.
The policy only affects its service in the U.S. because that’s the only market where it sells political ads.
- Proud Boys revel in President Trump’s mention of group
- Angwin under mandatory evacuation order due to Glass Fire
- 16 federal firefighting grants approved in California
- Hillary Clinton responds to ‘would you shut up, man’ moment at presidential debate
- Santa Rosa family loses everything in Glass Fire