The long-planned suicide barrier for the Golden Gate Bridge is slowly taking shape.
The Golden Gate Bridge District showed off the new net, which is being installed under the bridge.
When it is finished, the net will sit 20 feet below the road deck on both sides.
The net is there to deter people from jumping and to catch people if they jump.
The barrier will cost about $211 million and is expected to be finished in two years.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- 3 OAKLAND GANGS FORM ‘SUPER CELL’; 16 ARREST IN RAID
- MISSING PREGNANT TEEN KILLED, BABY CUT FROM WOMB
- 2ND GRADER THREATENS CHILD WITH GUN AT VALLEJO SCHOOL
- CALIFORNIA’S HIGH SPEED RAIL IN JEOPARDY
- OFFICIALS WARN OF ‘ZOMBIE RACCOONS’ AFTER REPORTED SIGHTINGS