(CNN) – Super Saturday shoppers made Dec. 21st the single biggest day in U.S. retail history.
That’s according to the retail analysts at Customer Growth Partners.
Super Saturday’s sales reached $34.4 billion, beating out Black Friday spending by 10%.
The research firm says job growth, more disposable income, and stronger household finances contributed to the boosted buying mood this holiday season, and that mega-retailers like Walmart, Amazon, Costco and Target saw their best traffic in years.
- Study: Eating a big breakfast burns more calories
- Nine dead in Turkey as 5.7 earthquake strikes western Iran
- Woman killed in San Francisco landslide remember 1 year later
- Oprah stops in San Francisco to talk wellness on 2020 Vision tour
- New Orleans agency: 1 person killed after struck by Mardi Gras float