(CNN) – Target must be expecting a good holiday shopping season.
The retailer announced Tuesday it’s going to hire more than 130,000 temporary workers this year.
That’s up from the 120,000 it brought on last year.
Hiring that many people may be easier said than done, with the unemployment rate below four percent.
Target says it will be offering temp employees $13 an hour and discounts at the store.
Coming on as a temp can also be an entry point for people hoping to start careers with the company.
Target officials say 40% of the seasonal workers they hired last year stayed beyond the holiday season.
Latest News Headlines:
- Delta extends change fee policy to 2 years
- Coronavirus peak coming as US grapples with increasing cases
- WATCH: Hundreds of sailors give hero’s send-off to fired commander of aircraft carrier hit by coronavirus
- Paddleboarder arrested at Malibu Pier for violating state stay at home order
- IRS to start sending stimulus checks April 9, but some won’t get money until September