A North Carolina teacher is accused of sex acts with a student, according to Cherokee County Sheriff Derrick Palmer.
Palmer says they began an investigation into a report that Kayla Sprinkles had engaged in sex acts with a student while she was teaching at a Cherokee County high school on March 26.
The HAVEN Child Advocacy Center assisted in some of the interviews due to the age of the children interviewed, according to the report.
Sprinkles, 26, of Hayesville was indicted on June 4 on 5 counts of felony sex activity with a student.
Sprinkles found out about the indictment and left the area, according to the report.
She surrendered herself the Mecklenburg County Detention Center in Charlotte and was released on a $25,000 bond.
Sprinkles was a teacher at Andrews High School in Andrews, according to a report from the Clay County Progress newspaper.
Sheriff Palmer stated “Our youth and our students are one of the greatest resources that Cherokee County is blessed to have. It is incumbent upon all of us to ensure their safety and wellbeing as they grow and mature.”
- TENANT KIDNAPS 70-YEAR-OLD LANDLORD AFTER DISPUTE IN OAKLAND
- WOMAN KILLED IN CRASH AFTER TREE FALLS ON DANVILLE FREEWAY
- MEXICAN DRUG CARTEL LEADER ‘LA BARBIE’ GETS NEARLY 50 YEARS
- TEENAGER WARNS OTHERS AFTER BABY BROTHER DIES IN HOT CAR
- MAN SUES CVS FOR TELLING HIS WIFE ABOUT VIAGRA PRESCRIPTION