TUPELO, Miss. (AP) — A Mississippi teen was jailed after officials arrested him for the drive-by shooting death of a 66-year-old woman.
Lee County Sheriff Jim Johnson told news outlets 17-year-old Latavious Betts was charged as an adult with murder and aggravated assault in Annie Walton’s Dec. 7 death.
Johnson said Betts fired a dozen or more shots into a house near Verona, killing Walton and wounding four others.
Betts was earlier charged with first-degree murder for a March 22 shooting at a Verona car wash.
He’s also charged with aggravated assault in a July 8 convenience store shooting that injured two.
The teen was jailed without bail because he’s accused of violating previous release terms. It’s unclear if he has a lawyer.
Betts was captured Friday after a week on the run.
- BAY AREA JANITOR ACCUSED OF LEWD ACTS WITH CHILDREN
- STUDENT FROM SHASTA COUNTY STABBED TO DEATH OVERSEAS
- TV STATION MOURNS LOSS OF METEOROLOGIST
- MAN SENTENCES FOR SNEAKING INTO HOME, RAPING 6-YEAR-OLD
- WATCH: TEEN QUITS WALMART WITH F-BOMB LADEN RANT OVER SPEAKER