INDEPENDENCE, Mo. (KRON) – Police have located a teen in Missouri who went viral after a photo of him shielding an elderly woman from the rain melted hearts everywhere.
Authorities treated 14-year-old Tyrea and his mom Ebony out for dinner!
“Well this kiddo who I have only known a short time already means the world to me,” Officer Holt said in a Facebook post on the Independence Police Department page. “As promised after finding him I took him out to dinner. He and his wonderful mom Ebony enjoyed some Red Lobster.”
Officer Holt was able to locate Tyrea thanks to a family member who saw the story and called police.
Latest News Headlines:
- Trump to hold rallies in Wisconsin areas labeled COVID-19 ‘red zones’ by White House task force
- Tubbs Fire survivor evacuates once again as Glass Fire erupts
- Biden on Proud Boys: ‘Cease and desist. The American people will decide next POTUS’
- Severe lice infestation linked to girl’s death; parents charged
- Retail showdown: Target Deal Days to be held same time as Amazon’s Prime Day sales