LAKE COUNTY, Fla. (CNN) – Police say a Florida teenager stole her parents’ money to hire someone to kill them.
Alyssa Hatcher appeared in a Lake County courtroom Wednesday.
According to a police affidavit, the 17-year-old stole nearly $1,500 from her parents’ bank account.
The affidavit says the teen paid $400 to a friend to kill her parents.
When it didn’t happen, Hatcher reportedly paid someone else $900 to do it.
The documents state she also used the money to buy cocaine.
Hatcher has been charged as a juvenile with two counts of criminal solicitation for murder.
Latest News Headlines:
- SF’s Pete’s Tavern, Pedro’s Cantina announce closure
- ‘She was a good soul’: Woman remembered as police continue to investigate San Joaquin Delta boat crash
- Alameda pet fair marks America’s largest pet adoption event
- 16 de septiembre: Everything you need to know about ‘El Grito’
- Rain to make Monday morning commute slick