LAKE COUNTY, Fla. (CNN) – Police say a Florida teenager stole her parents’ money to hire someone to kill them.
Alyssa Hatcher appeared in a Lake County courtroom Wednesday.
According to a police affidavit, the 17-year-old stole nearly $1,500 from her parents’ bank account.
The affidavit says the teen paid $400 to a friend to kill her parents.
When it didn’t happen, Hatcher reportedly paid someone else $900 to do it.
The documents state she also used the money to buy cocaine.
Hatcher has been charged as a juvenile with two counts of criminal solicitation for murder.
Latest News Headlines:
- Windsor leaders admit to knowing about sexual assault claims against mayor
- 2 arrested in San Mateo County crime spree, police search for 3rd suspect
- Bay Area leaders plan to reduce homelessness by 75% in 3 years
- Hawaii tourism only expected to increase for summer travel
- WANTED: Amazon van joyrider removes restraints and escapes the hospital, police say