SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Tesla CEO Elon Musk couldn’t resist poking fun on social media Monday as stock hit a record $420 level.
Musk tweeted in August last year that he was “considering taking Tesla private at $420.”
While that never happened, the stock got there on its own.
Musk tweeted Monday when the news broke, “Whoa… the stock is so high lol.”
In case you didn’t already know, the number “420” is a common reference for marijuana use.
Shares of Tesla rose 3.8% Monday morning to hit the all-time high of $420.84.
Latest News Headlines:
- Severe lice infestation linked to girl’s death; parents charged
- Retail showdown: Target Deal Days to be held same time as Amazon’s Prime Day sales
- Dad accused of letting 13-year-old drive them to get ice cream while he was drunk
- 19-year-old basketball player dies of COVID-19 complications in North Carolina
- Second stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand as September ends