HOUSTON (KPRC) — Some junior high students in Texas were hurt after a phone battery exploded Friday.
Katy Independent School District said it happened at Mayde Creek Junior High.
A dozen students were taken to hospitals for treatment.
Most suffered smoke inhalation and their injuries are not serious.
It’s unclear what caused the explosion and fire.
Although fire department officials are calling it battery failure, an investigation is underway.
Latest News Headlines:
- Woman killed in San Francisco landslide remember 1 year later
- Oprah stops in San Francisco to talk wellness on 2020 Vision tour
- New Orleans agency: 1 person killed after struck by Mardi Gras float
- Hercules man still missing more than a week after disappearance
- Sanders wins Nevada caucuses, takes national Democratic lead