WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump testing positive for the coronavirus (all times EDT):
Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett and her husband had coronavirus earlier this year and recovered, according to two administration officials.
The officials were not authorized to speak publicly and spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity.
Barrett was nominated to the high court last week after the death of liberal Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Trump held a press conference outside where few people wore masks. Barrett and her family were not wearing them.
Trump announced Friday that he and first lady Melania Trump had tested positive for the virus, after aide Hope Hicks was diagnosed.
Barrett has also been meeting with senators ahead of her confirmation hearing, including Republican Sen. Mike Lee of Utah, who also announced Friday that he had tested positive for the virus.
The science is unclear on whether someone who has the virus can get it again.
More than 205,000 Americans have died from COVID-19.
- Bipartisan lawmakers push $908B pandemic relief bill
- DOJ investigating secret presidential bribery: report
- SF Mayor Breed went to French Laundry dinner day after Newsom
- 1st COVID vaccines should go to health care workers, nursing homes, panel says
- US panel votes in favor to provide healthcare personnel and long-term care residents first COVID-19 vaccine shots