GLYNN COUNTY, Ga. (KRON) — A third person has been arrested in connection with the murder of Ahmaud Arbery, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation announced Thursday.
The GBI arrested William “Roddie” Bryan Jr., 50, on charges of felony murder and criminal attempt to commit false imprisonment. He will be booked into the Glynn County Jail.
Bryan Jr. reportedly filmed cellphone video of Arbery’s death.
25-year-old Ahmaud Arbery was shot and killed while jogging in Brunswick, Georgia on Feb. 23. by a father and son. More than two months passed before authorities arrested Gregory McMichael and his son, Travis McMichael, on charges of felony murder and aggravated assault.
The duo was arrested and charged with the murder of Arbery on May 7. They were both charged with murder and aggravated assault.
The McMichaels were taken into custody and will be booked into the Glynn County Jail.
On Tuesday, May 19, around 6:40 p.m., GBI agents executed a search warrant at the McMichael’s home.
No further details are being released at this time due to the active and ongoing case.
This case is being investigated in partnership with District Attorney Joyette Holmes of the Cobb County District Attorney’s Office.
Latest News Headlines:
- Family demands release of evidence in Breonna Taylor’s case
- VIDEO: Confirmed tornado touches down in Myrtle Beach
- HHS secretary touts Trump’s health care plan while Democrats say there’s nothing in it
- SJSU cleared to play as Mountain West football returns
- LIST: Available Bay Area cooling centers for this weekend’s heat wave