GLYNN COUNTY, Ga. (KRON) — A third person has been arrested in connection with the murder of Ahmaud Arbery, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation announced Thursday.
The GBI arrested William “Roddie” Bryan Jr., 50, on charges of felony murder and criminal attempt to commit false imprisonment. He will be booked into the Glynn County Jail.
Bryan Jr. reportedly filmed cellphone video of Arbery’s death.
25-year-old Ahmaud Arbery was shot and killed while jogging in Brunswick, Georgia on Feb. 23. by a father and son. More than two months passed before authorities arrested Gregory McMichael and his son, Travis McMichael, on charges of felony murder and aggravated assault.
The duo was arrested and charged with the murder of Arbery on May 7. They were both charged with murder and aggravated assault.
The McMichaels were taken into custody and will be booked into the Glynn County Jail.
On Tuesday, May 19, around 6:40 p.m., GBI agents executed a search warrant at the McMichael’s home.
No further details are being released at this time due to the active and ongoing case.
This case is being investigated in partnership with District Attorney Joyette Holmes of the Cobb County District Attorney’s Office.
Latest News Headlines:
- US economy shrank at faster-than-expected 5% rate in first quarter
- TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Home Goods to reopen most stores by end of June
- San Jose cooling centers reopen for last day of heat wave
- Woman tells police she ‘has COVID-19,’ spits at cop to ‘infect him so he dies’
- Newsfeed Now Coronavirus: ‘Facts Not Fear’ morning update – May 28, 2020