If you’re asking yourself, “What’s a flip phone?” this article is not for you.
Now if you’re reminiscing back to the stone age when there was no internet, no music, no Google maps, no Facebook and everything else we have on phones now, you know exactly what we’re talking about!
Think you can “downgrade” to a flip phone for a week?
Frontier Bundles is offering $1,000 to one brave person who can make it 7 days without Instagramming, Snapchatting, emailing, tweeting, and Facebooking on their phone.
Applications must be at least 18-years-old and a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
If you’re wondering how exactly you’re going to function for 168 hours without a smartphone, the company will be offering you the following survival tools:
- A physical map to make up for lack of GPS
- Notepad and pen to make up for lack of the “Notes” app on your phone
- Pocket phonebook for important numbers you need to look up
- 90’s CDs since you won’t be connected to Spotify or Pandora
Participants will have to track their experience by logging how long it takes to do certain things like checking emails, how many hours of sleep you got, whether or not your productivity changed, and how often you miss your smartphone.
If you’re interested in applying, you must explain why you’d like to participate in 200 words or less.
Applications are being accepted until July 8.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free news from the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- VIDEO: FEDEX DELIVERY MAN THROWS PACKAGES IN SAN JOSE
- EARTHQUAKE STORM RATTLES SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
- DRAKE TAKES A DIG AT KEVIN DURANT; MACAULAY CULKIN RESPONDS
- MAJOR RIDESHARE CHANGES GO INTO EFFECT AT SFO
- MAN ARRESTED IN DEADLY SHOOTING AT FAIRFIELD GAS STATION