Shipping companies are preparing for millions of people to return all those Christmas gifts they don’t like.
In fact, Jan. 2 could be the biggest day ever for holiday gift returns.
Several shipping companies have dubbed it National Returns Day.
UPS expects a record 1.9 million packages to be returned next Thursday – that’s a 26% increase from one year earlier.
And that prediction is just for UPS – and does not include packages sent through USPS or Fed-Ex.
UPS expects the record numbers because Jan. 2 is the first work day of the new year.
The company also said many people buy online with the intention of returning the product if they don’t like it.
- Statewide Map: Current California wildfires
- Newsom to hold briefing on California wildfires
- PHOTOS: Glass Fire burns through 11K acres in Napa, Sonoma
- Newsfeed Now: California wildfires; South Park visits Denver
- North Bay wildfires: Air quality diminishing