Could “Star Trek” icon George Takei be running for office?
The actor on Thursday tweeted that he was “tempted to move to Kentucky to just run against” Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.
According to the Constitutional Qualifications for Senator, a candidate is only required to live in the state that they’d represent.
McConnell reportedly has not lost an election for the Senate since 1984.
“Star Wars” actor Mark Hamill threw in his support for Takei, tweeting: “I’m tempted to move to Kentucky just so I could vote for you. #DitchMitch.”
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- ELDERLY WOMAN KIDNAPPED, REPEATEDLY RAPED IN SAN FRANCISCO
- 6 ARRESTED IN DEADLY STABBING AT SAN JOSE DOLLAR TREE
- DISMEMBERED BODY FOUND IN SAN FRANCISCO HOME
- GOT A REAL ID? YOU MAY NEED TO VISIT DMV AGAIN
- NOTORIOUS KILLER’S MOM ASKS WHY HER SON WAS GIVEN A CELLMATE