AUSTIN (KXAN) — The top-selling distilled spirit in the country is made in Austin, according to the International Wine and Spirits Record.
Tito’s Handmade Vodka knocked Smirnoff vodka off its decade-long reign at the top of the chart, the London-based agency said in its 2019 U.S. beverage alcohol review.
In a press release Wednesday, the IWSR said Tito’s sales jumped more than 20% in 2019.
Vodka is also the largest spirit category by volume in the country, the report said.
Spirit volumes increased by 2.3% as a whole across the country, led by a 40% increase in mezcal.
Japanese whiskey volumes increased 23.1%, Irish whisky went up 8.6%, tequila increased 9.3%,
U.S. whiskey increased 5.5% and cognac volumes went up 4%, according to the report.
- Violence continues as Trump threatens military force against protesters nationwide
- Santa Rosa restaurant hit with rocks over weekend
- Over 70 cars stolen from San Leandro dealership as looting, destruction hit city
- Police respond to Bay Area shopping malls following reports of looting
- San Francisco curfew in place to help decrease violence, looting