SAN FRANCISCO (AP) – Airbnb will ban some younger U.S. guests from booking local homes as part of a continuing effort to crack down on unauthorized parties.
The San Francisco-based home sharing company said Thursday that U.S. guests under age 25 with fewer than three positive reviews won’t be allowed to book entire homes close to where they live. Airbnb won’t say how it defines “close.”
Those guests will still be allowed to book entire homes elsewhere.
Airbnb began stepping up efforts to ban “party houses” last November after five people were shot and killed during an unauthorized party at an Airbnb rental in Orinda, California.
- California hits over 20,000 new cases in a single day, lockdown looming
- Obama, Bush, Clinton volunteer to receive coronavirus vaccine on camera
- 11-year-old dies after apparently shooting himself during online class
- NASA: Mystery object is 54-year-old rocket, not asteroid
- COVID vaccine to be distributed to nursing homes