(CNN) – If you’ve ever been to the emergency room or a hospital, take a moment to honor some of the most important people who work there.
Today is National Nurses Day!
It’s observed every year on May 6th. It’s also the first day of National Nurses Week.
The week of tributes ends May 12th, the birthday of Florence Nightingale who is considered the founder of modern nursing.
The idea is to raise awareness of just how important nurses are to our health and well-being.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- NOTORIOUS CA KILLER ACCUSED OF BEHEADING, TORTURING CELLMATE
- U.S. OFFICIALS: ARMY VET’S PLAN TO BOMB NAZI RALLY IN SOCAL FOILED
- BUS DRIVER WHO PLEADED GUILTY TO RAPE OF GIRL GETS NO JAIL TIME
- VIDEO: KILLER WHALES ATTACK GRAY WHALE CALF IN MONTEREY BAY
- WATCH: GIRL HIDES TO AVOID CAR FOLLOWING HER IN VACAVILLE