ROSWELL, N.M. (AP) — New Mexico authorities are searching for a boy and his father after his mother was found dead in a Roswell, New Mexico home.
Authorities say the boy is believed to be with his 32-year-old father Jorge Rico-Ruvira and possibly headed to Mexico.
Authorities say the death of 27-year-old Isela Mauricio-Sanchez Tuesday was ruled a homicide.
New Mexico State Police officers say the boy is missing and believed to be in danger. An Amber Alert was issued Tuesday for 3-year-old Osiel Ernesto Rico.
Authorities say the pair are believed to be traveling in a 2003 maroon GMC Yukon SUV with a turquoise New Mexico license plate MNF231.
Authorities urge anyone with information to contact the Roswell Police Department or call 911.
LATEST NEWS HEADLINES:
- Mark Zuckerberg says social networks should not be ‘arbiter of truth,’ Twitter’s Dorsey fires back
- US economy shrank at faster-than-expected 5% rate in first quarter
- TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Home Goods to reopen most stores by end of June
- San Jose cooling centers reopen for last day of heat wave
- Woman tells police she ‘has COVID-19,’ spits at cop to ‘infect him so he dies’