ROSWELL, N.M. (AP) — New Mexico authorities are searching for a boy and his father after his mother was found dead in a Roswell, New Mexico home.
Authorities say the boy is believed to be with his 32-year-old father Jorge Rico-Ruvira and possibly headed to Mexico.
Authorities say the death of 27-year-old Isela Mauricio-Sanchez Tuesday was ruled a homicide.
New Mexico State Police officers say the boy is missing and believed to be in danger. An Amber Alert was issued Tuesday for 3-year-old Osiel Ernesto Rico.
Authorities say the pair are believed to be traveling in a 2003 maroon GMC Yukon SUV with a turquoise New Mexico license plate MNF231.
Authorities urge anyone with information to contact the Roswell Police Department or call 911.
LATEST NEWS HEADLINES:
- House GOP elects Trump defender Elise Stefanik to No. 3 post
- Mexico’s use of soldiers to stem migrant flow to U.S. will lead to abuse, experts say
- Carole Baskin offers $5,000 reward for missing tiger in Houston
- Fully vaccinated Bill Maher tests positive for COVID-19
- Migrants face ‘chain of lies’ on border journey often ending in deportation