(CNN) – Toyota and Honda are recalling millions of vehicles over unrelated safety issues.
Toyota is recalling 3.4 million cars, with 2.9 million of them in the U.S.
The issue is potentially defective equipment intended to protect passengers during a crash.
Affected models include some Corolla Matrix, Avalon, and Avalon HV lines produced between 2010 and 2019.
Honda is recalling 2.7 million cars – that’s 2.4 million in the U.S. – and 300,000 in Canada.
Honda says some Acuras produced between 1996 and 2003 may have dysfunctional Takata airbag inflators.
The inflators might have been produced without the appropriate seals needed for proper deployment.
- Source: Lakers waive DeMarcus Cousins
- Dr. Phil gets star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Flying Tails: Abused Kuwait cats rescued, brought to Bay Area
- Questions from Nia Wilson murder trial jury reveal what jurors are wondering
- Greyhound to stop allowing immigration checks on buses