PITTSYLVANIA COUNTY, VA (CNN NEWSOURCE) – Authorities have arrested a man in Virginia who is believed to have murdered three people.
The Pittsylvania County Sheriff’s office says 19-year-old Matthew Bernard is a suspect in the deaths of two females and a child.
The sheriff’s office says the suspect and victims are related.
Authorities tried to arrest him on Tuesday when he led them on a foot chase, naked.
In a video released, Bernard can be seen attacking a church groundskeeper standing nearby.
The officer tried stopping Bernard with mace and a stun gun and was eventually taken into custody.
The murder victims have not yet been identified.
Officials say a neighbor found one woman dead in a driveway and the other two bodies were found inside the home.
- Advances in DNA tech helping Jennifer Lin cold case detectives in Alameda County
- Black Lives Matter protesters march through downtown L.A., block 101 Fwy
- North Carolina 7-year-old puts on prom for his graduating babysitter
- Santa Clara County calls for volunteers to help track people who may be spreading COVID-19
- Florida lawmakers celebrate space launch return to the state