SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) — The CDC is now recommending that Americans wear face coverings to help slow the spread of COVID-19, President Donald Trump announced Friday.
Trump said the CDC wants Americans to voluntarily wear a non-medical cloth or fabric face mask.
The president made clear that this recommendation is “voluntary” and added, “I don’t think I’m going to be doing it.”
The CDC is not recommending the use of medical grade or surgical grade masks. N95 medical masks should be saved for professionals who rely on them while working during the pandemic.
KRON4’s Sara Stinson also shows how to crate your own face covering in less than 60 seconds.
It’s important to remember that the use of a face covering does not overrule social distancing. When going outside for whatever reason, you must still follow social distance guidelines.
Latest News Headlines:
- Patriots look to rebound as they host 2-0 Raiders
- Maldives resort hiring ‘Barefoot Bookseller’ to run its island bookshop
- Car injures 2 protesters during BLM demonstration in California
- ‘She is the female Scalia’: Lawmakers react to President Trump picking Amy Coney Barrett to replace RBG
- Demand Justice group buys Amy Coney Barrett’s domain name, site redirects to criticism of her record