(KRON) — The Kansas City Chiefs are Super Bowl LIV champions.
Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs rallied late in the game to defeat the San Francisco 49ers by a final score of 31-20.
Congratulations are in order for Kansas City, and President Donald Trump took to Twitter to show some love to the champs.
However, he may have sent congratulations the wrong way.
For those who don’t know — the Chiefs play for Missouri, not Kansas.
The president has since deleted his tweet and sent out another congratulating the “great state of Missouri.”
And as always, Twitter was quick with the memes.
Nonetheless, congratulations to Andy Reid and the Kansas City Chiefs for their first Lombardi Trophy in 50 years.
- Twitter disables Trump campaign’s George Floyd video tribute
- Look up tonight to catch a glimpse of the Strawberry Moon
- Buffalo police officers suspended after shoving 75-year-old protester
- JCPenney closing several California stores, 154 total this summer
- Newsfeed Now: A bat-wielding grandma; Oklahoma news crew becomes heroes