President Trump kicked off his post-election press conference touting his party’s success and his hand in last night’s Republican victories.
“Last night the Republican party defied history to expand our Republican majority,” he said, adding that the Republican Party “(beat) expectations in the House.”
Republicans, he said, “dramatically outperformed historical precedence,” despite what he called a “very dramatic fundraising disadvantage” and “very hostile media coverage, to put it mildly.”
Referencing his multitude of rallies ahead of Tuesday’s contests, Trump boasted, “Of the 11 candidates we campaigned with during the last week, nine won last night.”
He then rattled off a list of historical midterm statistics and specific races.
(Trump is claiming victories in races CNN hasn’t called yet — some are still too close to call.)
- YOUR LOCAL ELECTION HEADQUARTERS
- LIVE CALIFORNIA MIDTERM ELECTION RESULTS
- TIMELINE RELEASED IN DEADLY YOUNTVILLE VETERAN’S HOME SHOOTING
- IS PREGNANCY CONTAGIOUS? RESEARCHERS SAY YES
- $100K RAISED FOR CALIFORNIA TEACHER WHO PUNCHED STUDENT