(KRON) – President Donald Trump issued a proclamation on the death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Friday night ordering that the American flag would be flown at half-staff at the White House until she is laid to rest.
The president said this includes ‘all public buildings and grounds, at all military posts and naval stations, and on all naval vessels of the Federal Government in the District of Columbia and throughout the United States and its Territories and possessions until sunset on the day of interment.’
Earlier in the night, Trump posted to Twitter a statement referring to Ginsburg as ‘a fighter to the end’:
CLICK HERE for more statements from other politicians and celebrities.
- The Latest: Pence’s top aide tests positive for coronavirus
- San Jose firefighter surprises daughter after deployment to wildfires
- PG&E details upcoming PSPS event
- Two killed in chain-reaction crash on I-80 in Hercules
- ‘I voted for a guy named Trump’: President casts ballot in Florida