SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – President Donald Trump on Wednesday said he plans to add more countries to his controversial travel ban.
“We are adding a couple countries to it,” Trump told media at the end of an international economic conference in Davos, Switzerland. “Our country has to be safe.”
While Trump did not immediately say which countries will be added to the list, he said the announcement would be made “very shortly.”
It will soon have been three years since Trump initially announced the introduction of the travel ban.
The current travel ban indefinitely suspends the issuance of immigrant and non-immigrant visas to applicants from Libya, Iran, North Korea, Somalia, Syria, Venezuela, and Yemen.
- The Latest: Chicago mayor orders curfew, police crackdown
- Tear gas and burning cars in US cities as unrest continues
- Disturbing video shows SUV plow into protesters in San Jose
- 38 people arrested following George Floyd protest in San Jose, officials say
- Police cars torched as violence continues in Los Angeles