SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – President Donald Trump is pushing for a crackdown on homeless encampments in California.
A team from the White House is in the state of developing policies to deal with the homeless crisis.
A White House officials say certain cities have caused an increase in poverty, leading to public health risks.
It’s still not clear how tough the crackdown on homeless camps would be.
Latest News Headlines:
- Rising from sick beds, COVID medics head back to front lines
- New learning program helps parents, students with new norm of classwork at home
- Contra Costa County man shops, delivers groceries to neighbors to assist with crisis
- Santa Rosa police warn enforcement action if people don’t follow stay-at-home orders
- Antioch students receive laptops, lunches during coronavirus pandemic