SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – President Donald Trump on Friday announced he is terminating the United States’ relationship with the World Health Organization and will suspend all funding to them.
Trump said his decision comes after “they [WHO] have failed to make the requested and greatly needed reforms” after their “role in helping China lie and conceal the seriousness of the Wuhan virus.”
He says all funds will be redirected to other health organizations.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- Thieves ram SF Sunglass Hut with vehicle
- The Hollywood writers strike ends after guild leaders approve contract with studios
- Wedding hall fire kills at least 100 people, injures 150 more in northern Iraq
- House GOP advances four spending bills after failed attempts
- California enacts first gun and ammunition tax in the country