President Donald Trump is giving federal employees a special gift for the holidays.
Trump on Tuesday night signed an executive order declaring that “all executive departments and agencies of the federal government shall be closed” on Christmas Eve.
While Christmas Day is a holiday for the federal government, presidents have reportedly been inconsistent when the holiday approaches during the week.
Former President Barack Obama allowed employees to leave early on Christmas Eve in 2015, but the year before he gave workers the day off.
The executive order comes as federal employees face uncertainty due to a possible government shutdown this week.
- BAY AREA JANITOR ACCUSED OF LEWD ACTS WITH CHILDREN
- STUDENT FROM SHASTA COUNTY STABBED TO DEATH OVERSEAS
- TV STATION MOURNS LOSS OF METEOROLOGIST
- MAN SENTENCES FOR SNEAKING INTO HOME, RAPING 6-YEAR-OLD
- WATCH: TEEN QUITS WALMART WITH F-BOMB LADEN RANT OVER SPEAKER