(CNN) – President Donald Trump once suggested shooting migrants in the legs in order to slow them down after they crossed the southern border, according to The New York Times.
The Times reported Tuesday that the president made the suggestion during a march meeting with senior staff members.
In it, the times said president trump called for a shut down of the entire U.S.-Mexico border.
Citing interviews with more than a dozen White House and administration officials directly involved, the Times reported that Trump had moved on from the idea by the end of the week.
You can read about this incident and more in the new book “Border Wars: Inside Trump’s Assault on Immigration,” which is out next week.
Latest News Headlines:
- National Coffee Day: Freebies and deals from Dunkin, Krispy Kreme, Starbucks and more
- COVID-19 cases rising among US children as schools reopen
- California Academy of Sciences reopens in October
- Map: Contra Costa County moves to COVID red tier, SF to orange
- Gun and ammo shortage looms as hunting season approaches