SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — President Donald Trump has terminated Secretary of Defense Mark Esper and named an acting secretary on Monday.
Trump made the announcement through his Twitter account.
He thanked Esper for his service and said his replacement, Christopher C. Miller, will do a “GREAT job!”
Miller was the Director of the National Counterterrorism Center, but his position as Acting Secretary of Defense is effective immediately.
- Woman who coughed on SF Uber driver pleads not guilty to assault charges
- Lawmakers unveil financial priorities to rebuild CA’s post-pandemic economy
- Sideshow enforcement returns: Oakland police prepare to tackle illegal activity
- ‘I am not a criminal’: Windsor mayor speaks out after 6 women accuse him of sexual assault
- Antioch mayor signs proclamation condemning recent wave of anti-Asian hate